This is mouth watering vegetable cake without egg. Will be loved by all vegetarians.
220gm Castor Sugar
300gm Plain Flour
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
240ml Evaporated Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Grease and line a 23cm round or square cake tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Then add is vanilla essence
4. Then slowly pour in milk while mixing in slow speed.
5. Fold in sifted flour mixture and mix well.
6. Check the consistency of the batter. It should be of dropping consistency. If it stands peaking and hard, add more milk. Pour into baking tin and bake for about 50 mins or or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.