This fabulous banana cake is super easy to prepare and the best part is it's very moist and yummy.....
250g (1 cup) mashed bananas
1 tsp lemon juice
150g butter (melted)
180g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp milk powder (optional)
a bit salt
1. Preheat over to 170°C. Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Mash the bananas and lemon juice with a fork, set aside. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and milk powder together.
3. Cream butter and castor sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
4. Add mashed bananas. Add sifted flour mixture and blend well.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for about 50 mins or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
6. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack..