I love the texture of the cake, it is a good recipe if you like soft & fluffy butter cake with chessy flavor.
180 g butter
125 g cream cheese
250 g castor sugar
5 egg yolks
210 g all purpose flour or self raising flour
1½ tsp baking powder (no need for self raising flour)
2 tsp vanila essence
5 white eggs
a bit salt
1. Beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy and pale in colour.
2. Fold in sugar gradually and beat again.
3. Put in the egg yolks one at a time, beat well.
4. Fold in flour, salt and vanilla essence. Beat until combined. Set aside.
5. In another bowl, whip the white eggs and 2 tbsp of sugar until foamy and peak form.
6. Then fold 1/3 of the mixture of white eggs into the cake batter. Stir gently.
7. Fold the rest of the mixture again in the cake batter and stir gently until well combined.
10. Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake at 170°C for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.